Saturday, October 25, 2008

Showered with gifts (part 2)

OK, here they are. :)

My wonderful sister-in-law Heather threw us a fun shower in Bedford at my equally as wonderful mother-in-law's house. The theme tied in with our nursery bedding and decorations. We received a lot of nice things. It was funny to see the difference in what we got at this shower compared to what we got at the first one in Ohio -- fewer clothes, more books, for one example.

Enjoy!















The cute -- and yummy -- cakes.
















My two moms :)

My Bedford, Va., family -- mom-in-law, grandma-in-law and sister-in-law with our niece (who actually live in Richmond...)

A good view of all of our gifts.

Hat made by mom-in-law.

Diaper bag from mom.

Aunt Elaine and cousin Nicole came down from Ohio with Mom. I just love her face as she checks out the English-, Spanish- and French-speaking octopus!


First bank I opened, painted at a pottery place by my brother Allan and his wife Leslie. So cute!

Second bank I opened, painted by niece Eliza. Very cute as well -- can't have too many banks, especially in these economic times!

Eliza tells me about how she painted the bank for her baby cousin.

I just love these swim trunks that Eliza picked out!

Baby H's Great-Grandma Angel made this beautiful quilt using a crib sheet from our registry so it would match exactly. It's so nice, and I'm sure the baby will treasure it as he grows up!

A stroller with built-in infant car seat from David's dad and step-mom.

"So, I'm supposed to smell this?!" David's step-mom's sister is playing the game that Heather had set up for the guests -- guess what candy bar is smashed up in the diapers. It was fun to watch people stick their noses in to see what they were!

1 comment:

bodaat said...

Wish I could have been there! Love the pics. Looks like you had fun with your family and got some beautiful presents. I love the quilted blanket idea. How special is that!