Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Let the count up begin...

Beginning yesterday, I'll have doctor appointments every week until Baby H decides to arrive. Dr. Smith said everything looks good. In fact, it was kind of an exciting appointment -- I'm 1 cm dilated! I asked, "So what does that mean?" and he said, "It means you're 1 cm dilated." Ha. Basically, I could stay like this for the next few weeks, or I could keep dilating. I'm just "ahead of the game," as Dr. Smith said.

During the exam, Dr. Smith could tell that Junior's head is "way down there" -- which isn't surprising to me since, as I've said before, his hiccups kind of give him away. I'm continuing to gain weight, and the baby's heartbeat is still going strong. He was moving around again, and the nurse had to follow him with the monitor to get his heartbeat. As active as he's been all pregnancy, I have a feeling he's going to keep us busy from the beginning.

While counting up the centimeters, the days are counting down... it's hard to believe that we're less than a month away from meeting our little guy!! It seems like there is so much to do -- install the car seat, pack a hospital bag, pick out his "going home" outfit. We went shopping at Sam's the other day and stocked up on frozen foods, and I hope to make some meals to stick in the freezer too. I still need to find a pediatrician, not to mention everything I need to do at work and with Mary Kay to prepare for some time off. I know everything will be fine, though. I'm not worried :)

I have slowed down a lot in the past few weeks, though. Which is tough for me because I'm used to being on the go all the time. I suppose it's good for me to slow down a little! I just feel too tired to do things I need to do. I guess what needs to be done will get done, so again, I'm not too worried. It would help if I could get comfortable at night and sleep all the way through :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! Look at your belly!! You are so adorable. I hope I look that adorable in 6 and 7 months from now!!! (yah right!) I so wish I could be there with you! How exciting!! So it sounds like you might be early then?? You better have that list of phone numbers ready for someone to call!!! :o)

Love you all!!

Anne said...

I'm so excited for you!!! :o)