Sorry, I know I've been slacking on the postings. Here are the latest updates:
Last Tuesday was our most recent doctor's appointment, and everything's going well. We're both gaining weight like we should be. Dr. Smith answered my questions with patience, and I felt better about things I've been feeling. Baby H. is still moving around like a gymnast, although in recent days it's a little less frequent. The books say that's because he's running out of room to move. I think he's also getting into position; Dr. Smith said at our next appointment, which is Tuesday of next week, he'll be able to tell how the little guy is positioned. When Dr. Smith felt my belly last week, he had kind of a confused look on his face... he said it was almost as if Junior is on his side. I can tell that by his kicks and movements -- like I mentioned in a previous post, his feet seem to be at my upper right, and his head (judging from his hiccups) at my lower left, almost at a diagonal. Starting next week, I'll be seeing Dr. Smith every week and he'll be doing internal measurements. I can't believe D-Day is right around the corner!!
Last Tuesday was also our first of two Lamaze classes, the second being last night. They were really interesting and, I think, fun. David and I learned different breathing techniques to get me through contractions and labor, and he learned all sorts of ways to help me when I feel like it gets to be too much :) I've pretty much decided that I won't get an epidural unless I absolutely can't handle the pain. I've talked to several friends who didn't use an epidural for pain and they did just fine. There is just something about having a needle put that close to my spine, not being able to get out of the bed once it's in, and not being able to feel much of anything from my belly down for a significant period of time that I just can't embrace the idea. I'm learning that there are other ways to find relief!
We haven't taken a recent belly shot, but plan to do that soon. I'll post it once it's been taken. I'll also post Bedford shower pictures, hopefully tomorrow. I know, I'm a slacker... just like I haven't written any thank you cards. They're coming, don't worry!
It's funny the reactions I get from people about how I look. If they see me from behind and then I turn around, they're shocked that I'm pregnant because Baby H. is like a basketball on my front. Most people ask when I'm due and then comment on how small I look. I guess I'll take it as a compliment, although I know how much I weigh!! I've never, ever weighed even close to what I am now -- although I know there's a baby involved :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment