So, I've had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. I admit that, and I know I'm lucky. I didn't have morning sickness, I haven't had many real cravings, I haven't had an aversion to foods or smells. I have my tired days, but I haven't been sick (knock on wood).
Well, this week I hit 33 weeks, and I guess Baby H decided it was time I didn't have it so easy. I started off the week feeling really run down (although that could have had to do with all the running around we did last weekend putting together Junior's room -- photos coming soon). Then Wednesday I felt nauseous for a good portion of the day. That was not fun. I don't know exactly what it was, but Thursday I was feeling much better.
I do get tired and winded a lot easier than pre-pregnancy, which I am not surprised by. I've cut back on walking around the neighborhood to twice a week on a good week. And I take naps when I can. I must say I'm glad I work two part-time jobs -- one of which allows me to make my own hours -- instead of a full-time job. I don't know what I'd do :)
Another thing I've noticed in the past few weeks is awful heartburn/acid reflux. It's terrible. I finally broke down and bought myself a bottle of Tums today... they seem to help. I'm starting to pin down the foods that trigger it -- it's hard to cut anything out at this point, since I've had the pleasure of eating whatever I want this whole pregnancy (see paragraph 1).
And lastly, though possibly most importantly, I've noticed my terrible memory lately. It's so bad, I forgot that I had the photos from my Bedford shower on our camera, not Heather's (who took the pictures, but with our camera), until this past week, when my mother-in-law reminded me of the fact... So those photos will be going up soon, I promise -- I don't have to wait to get them in e-mail like I thought I did.
Baby Boy H has hiccups again :) It's such a weird/neat feeling. He moves around alot, mostly on my right side. I think I can tell where he is these days -- his little feet kick me on the right, and his hiccups come from my lower left, which would be about right, since D-Day is only a little more than a month away!
My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday morning, and I have a short list of questions for Dr. Smith. I'll give an update on here next week. I never really gave a report from the last appointment, but everything was fine. We're both growing like we should be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So I guess it's official now! You're preggers:)
I so love reading your baby blog. Please try to update sometime after wee Hylton arrives:)
No cravings? I would classify eating ice cream every other day (sometimes more) as a craving. ;)
Post a Comment