Other than that, though, the appointment went well. I asked Dr. Smith some questions that had been on my mind since we took our birthing and breastfeeding classes. I'll now start seeing him every two weeks instead of every four so they can keep an eye on my progress. Baby Hylton's heartbeat is still going strong at 160 beats per minute, and I've gained .
We had a great weekend at Virginia Beach this weekend, which is where this photo was taken. It was a lot of time spent on my feet, but I was able to take naps every day, so I wasn't too worn out! It would have been better if the beds were more comfortable, but oh well. You can see more photos from our trip on David's blogs: runningbecauseican.blogspot.com and nonphotographer.blogspot.com.
Baby H has been active as ever, and that includes during our mini vacation. It's hard to explain to someone who has never been pregnant what a baby rolling around inside you feels like ... It's a very unique feeling, that's for sure! David's been able to feel some of the more powerful kicks, but usually the baby's moving around at odd times. There are times I'll be sitting at my desk at work or on the couch in the middle of the day and look down to see my stomach bouncing around. It's pretty neat!
Next appointment: Sept. 16. The rest of the appointments will be pretty routine, and chances are I'll be going by myself (unless we find out David should be at future appointments), at least for a little while.
On a side note
My Mary Kay director, Gina Beck, who lives in the Lynchburg area, was due with her fourth son in September. She and her husband knew the baby had a heart problem, so she has been on close monitor. Well, baby Cody decided to come early -- he was born Aug. 26, at more than 7 lbs. He will be at University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville for a while, and will be undergoing the first of a few surgeries to repair his heart tomorrow (Thursday). He'll have another surgery when he's a few months old, and another when he's a few years old, and it's going to be a long road for this close-knit family. Please keep them in your prayers. Gina is a very dear friend of mine. If you want to read about their ordeal, check out her blog: www.caringbridge.org/visit/codybeck.
No comments:
Post a Comment