Woo-hoo -- I got the call today that I passed my glucose test on Tuesday!!
For those of you lucky enough to have never had a test like this, let me briefly explain the morning of my test. I was at the doctor's around 8:45 a.m. Tuesday; the nurse drew my blood and then had me drink some super sweet liquid. Then I got to sit in the waiting room and ... wait. An hour later, and for the next two hours after that, I had to go back to the nurse to have my blood drawn. That's four, count 'em, four blood tests between 8:45 a.m. and noon. And remember, I had to fast that morning, so I was awfully hungry by the time it was over. The apple I brought was gone before I got to the car, and I stopped to get something relatively healthy on the way home. (OK, it was Arby's. So sue me.)
But I survived -- and to top it all off, I passed! Now I don't feel quite so guilty for chowing down on a nice big slice of chocolate cake last night :)
Pictures from the shower will be up this weekend -- thank you Kristina for sending them to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment