Friday, August 15, 2008

A week of good news

Actually, maybe the headline should be "A day of good news." Tuesday was the highlight of our week. First, the doctor appointment went well. Baby Hylton's heartbeat is staying strong at 157 bpm. Officially, I've gained 20 pounds since my first doctor's appointment -- although I slightly question the measurement as the appointment was 2 hours and several snacks later in the day than previous ones. But whatever -- the point is, I've gained weight :) And this photo is proof!

Later in the day, David was offered and accepted a job -- YIPPIE!!He'll start Aug. 25 at the Christian Children's Fund. You can find out more about the nonprofit organization here. We went out to dinner Wednesday to celebrate, but not before we started making plans for home improvements. We took a trip to Home Depot and bought a new tree for our back yard, to replace the one that was dying back there, as well as paint for the baby's room! You can see David's handiwork in the back yard on his photo blog.

So the Hyltons are all doing well. My next doctor's appointment is Sept. 2, when I'll have my glucose test. I guess that means I'll have to watch the sweets intake when we go to Virginia Beach over Labor Day weekend for David's half-marathon!

No comments: