Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hangin' in there

I just wanted to give a quick update that everybody is hanging in there, some better than others. Christina is a bit sleepy as expected, but any frustrations are quickly erased when the coos start coming out and the funny faces are made. Duke is being a good big brother. He watches every little move Conner makes, although he still keeps his distance just a bit. For those of you who have met our dog, you know that he likes to roll around on people's feet, but we haven't had any worries about that. He's actually been much more attentive to us than usual, which is a good thing.

I, however, have an upper respiratory infection. Go figure that we're worrying about the little guy and then one of us gets sick. I'm on some good meds though and haven't had a fever, but I'm having to keep my distance just a little bit. It's a little difficult because I want to help out as much as I can, but I also don't want to get Christina or Conner sick.

Conner has a weight check tomorrow, and I think he'll be on the right road. After going to work the past couple of days and then coming home after being gone for about 9 hours, I can really see his cheeks filling out and his little legs getting bigger.

~ David ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, I hope that you feel better soon! Hopefully all of you are getting the rest that you need (including Conner!) :o)
We are still thinking and praying for you daily! Love you all!
~Kristina :o)

Anonymous said...

Christina and David--

Congratulations!! He looks adorable!! I hope you are starting to get some rest, those first months are pretty rough, but as you said here, once the coos start coming and every move they make certainly makes it all worth it!!

Take care and best of luck with everything!!

Kristina's Mom--Holly