Friday, March 13, 2009

Week of adjusting

Well, we've completed our first week of going to the sitter's -- and we both survived! I'm taking Conner to a woman in the next neighborhood over on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

The first day, I dropped him off at Cindy's at 8:45 then went to work. The tears came before we left the house, but I quickly composed myself and the rest of the day went smoothly. I left him at the sitters until 3:30 even though I was done with work a couple of hours earlier, but I'm going to be using that time for Mary Kay. Conner went down easily for his nap and was a good eater for Cindy.

Tuesday was a little different as I don't actually go in to work until noon, but I'm taking him to Cindy's at 9. I felt so guilty knowing that I didn't actually have anywhere I needed to be, just things I needed to do, so it was a little more difficult leaving him. Once I got to Cindy's, though, I realized I had forgotten bottles, so I had to run back to the house. When I got back, they had gone down to the neighbor's house. She also watches kids, so Conner was watching the boys play. Made me feel a little better about leaving him!

Wednesdays Conner spends time with Aunt Heather and cousin Eliza while I have a business meeting. On Thursday, Conner woke up at 5 a.m., so we brought him in with us... then we all slept in and were rushing around. I felt like I was rushing all day. When I got to Cindy's at 1:15, Conner was asleep. We needed to get home because we were keeping Eliza for a little while, so I had to wake him up. You know the phrase, never wake a sleeping baby? It's true. Conner needed that nap.

So this morning, Cindy said on my short days if I wanted to call and Conner was sleeping I could just leave him there and she'd call when he woke up. Today I called at 1 and he was awake since he had taken a nap earlier in the day, so I picked him up at 1:30... and he promptly fell asleep in my arms :)

Today's emotions were a close runner-up to Tuesday's ... Conner was awake when I dropped him off, and he was so cute and smiley... it just broke my heart. But I just keep telling him (and me) that this is only temporary -- when I become a director, I'll be able to work solely with Mary Kay and will be able to afford to have someone come in to watch Conner while I work from home. Those days can't come soon enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And that day will come. I know it has been rough for you,but sounds like Conner is adjusting.
I am looking forward to next weekend.
Grandma Angel

bodaat said...

Stay strong sister - sounds like you're doing a fabulous job. :)

Christina said...

Thanks to both of you! I appreciate your words of encouragement! :)